Monstergirl Madness Day 27: Romeo's Picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monstergirl Madness Day 27: Romeo's Picks

And now it's my turn, here to round off round 3. Tomorrow will be the start of round 4, the redemption round, where we'll be taking some of the lesser voted girls who might've just had a bad matchup and give them another shot at victory. But first todays match, so looking back on the tournament I see a lot of the girls I personally want in are doing very well and the fact that Conash did a very good job at including community picks, I went with a different theme; "Bringing new things to the table", I went down the monstergirl rabbit hole to try and find new ideas or takes on monstergirls for things and niches I feel has either not been represented or has very little representation already.

Automaton: This comes from wanting a construct that feels more "constructed". While we have had constructs like Golems, this is a girl created from materials, mechanism and a great deal of magic, think “Clockwork Girl” if it had been HC. These are imbued with a strong sense of servitude and care, they will follow their master’s every word and give them personal care, they also often serve as bodyguards. They are particularly resilient as they are essentially “only” parts and can largely self-repair and even in cases where they can’t others can repair them. Lastly, being composed of materials and magic they have a hard time expressing emotions. I’m thinking a gentle and caring Kuudere Onee-chan

Bogey: So this one is one I stumbled on in the Monstergirl Encyclopedia while trying to get inspiration for some new girls. It’s supposed to be an interesting take on the boogeyman. Throughout most cultures there are cautionary tales used to warn children that if they don’t stop crying a monster is gonna come take them. These big fluffy cuties are the source of said tales, they are said to appear before people, who can’t stop crying or have a deep sadness, and will embrace them in their gentle and warm arms to comfort and alleviate their sadness/pain. I’m thinking maybe a tall, thicc and gentle mommy oni

Cupid: So here we have a very well-known mythos, the cupid. Most know it, but just in case I’ll quickly run over it. He was the son of Venus and Mars God(dess) of love and war respectively, cupid himself was the god of desire and boinking, he is also typically depicted with the bow and arrow which he uses to fill his target with uncontrollable desire.
    The way I see this translated into the game is a girl that uses her arrow to sow descent in adventurers by randomly making them desire each other. I imagine a mischievous and playful angel. Although I do think in lore we’d have to nerf her powers a little, by making it something like she’d only be able to exaggerate feelings instead of randomly spawn them, which would still work with adventurers, since they’ve been in countless life and death situations. Also this is a potentiel “tool” for group sex.

Draco-lich: Draco-lich or undead dragon was a suggestion I saw a few times throughout this tournament and while I’m not a big fan of dragon girls, looking into these I was convinced to still give it a spot as I find it to be a new and fresh take on dragons. These are the result of a dragon willingly tying their soul to a phylactery letting their soul return to their body and be reborn upon death, these monsters retain their large size and fearsome aura, but with their immortal undead bodies they have lost their sense of pride and mind, instead seeking out whatever their one-track mind desires without care for how it’d make them appear.
    I’m imagining a bimbo with cough “big assets” cough

Mad Hatter: So this one comes from wanting something really new and unique brought into this tournament, for two reasons. I'm curious to see how they’d do, secondly as soon as I saw that image I was sold and wanted to give them a shot. So lorewise, looking at the image I’m thinking of some kind of subspecies/mutation of a Matango (Mushroom girl). I see them as someone who tries to keep calm and put on a air of a “refined lady”, but inside that calm and cool aura burns a real sex-crazed lunatic, who can only think of all the crazy ways to fuck the dungeon king. I can imagine the situation now, her words are nothing but innuendos and advances, however they carry themselves with an atmosphere of elegance. Mechanically speaking she is a mushroom so she’d be able to use her spores for some hallucinogenic effects, possible even makes tea infused with her mushrooms also open up for the idea of a “Tea party gone sexuel” situation

Manticore: These persian legends are said to have the body of a lion, head of a man, a scorpion's tail although more modern depictions does show it with a bat's wings too are said to be man-eaters. Now we’ll obviously go with a much less “hardcore” depiction of that, my thinking would be an aggressive, sadistic and prideful girl, which would open up the potential of the Dungeon King breaking a strong girl and make her into his. The tail aspect does also up for the idea of some tail play, instead of a poisonous stinger, you’d have a “tail mouth” and instead of poison you’d maybe have an aphrodisiac fluid. Her lion aspect would also give her the strength to fight adventures and being part bat she’d have sonar like hearing

Mummy: So here we have my pick for a more “traditional undead” a mummy. So my thought was, these girls tend to dry out quickly as such these girls are constantly “thirsty” and looking for someone to replenish their fluids in the sexiest ways possible their thirst only shortly satiated after being “fed”. Mummy’s have also been depicted as being protectors of tombs in other sources so that’d fit well with the mechanics of the game, they might even be able to have some control over sands or maybe their bandages are enchanted and they can use them to trap adventurers

Ochimusha: So while these are technically revived dead samurais, I feel like this would be a good pick for a corrupted adventurer who had the samurai class. They serve their lord faithfully and despite having been corrupted these samurais still remember their bushido code and follow it devotedly, dictating that they need support and protect their lord even if that means risking their own life to do so. You’d likely find this girl training somewhere or tending to her blades when she isn’t serving her lord. She’d be a calm and devoted servant

Parasitic Sword: So this one is a little different, the “brain” of this “monstergirl” is actually the sword, with the body just being a host to the sword, with the sword feeding off of the energies of the body and controlling it and speaking through it. These swords were created long ago and have been passed around for centuries, meaning they’d likely have lots of knowledge, stories and experiences to share. As for how they’d fit mechanically, these being parasitic I could see these as feeding more off of the “essence” or say “life force” of the invading adventurers, rather than cutting, meaning they could serve more of a DoT rather than DPS. So while the sword could potentially take over anyone it wants to, I personally envision our sword to have taking over an amazoness, because abs~

Automaton
    50.00%
    Bogey
    16.67%
    Cupid
    50.00%
    Draco-lich
    45.83%
    Mad Hatter
    50.00%
    Manticore
    25.00%
    Mummy
    25.00%
    Ochimusha
    25.00%
    Parasitic Sword
    29.17%

The poll is expired.

All these new girls, it's pretty interesting.

Automaton: She can go through the plant biome (dungeon gardens) without getting poisoned. She can go through the fire zone (dungeon forge?) without getting burn. Kind of the same uses we give to robots irl, getting through dangerous environments. IMO it's a gameplay option to consider. Kind of a very strong (hence pricy) monster that can be moved anywhere in the dungeon.

Boogey: Don't get rid of the scary. She can be scarousing rather than fluffy and cute.

Cupid: I like the idea mechanically, but rather to have this specialized creature, multiple monsters could have horny attacks, and heroes could have a parallel health bar for their horniness level. Kind of what they did in Fenoxo games.

Draco-lich: A big part of her appeal is that draco-liches are often unstoppable powerhouses. It's hard to balance a creature that's meant to be unbalanced. Also, design-wise I'd say a bone mask (like that one Pokémon) would be fitting.

Mad Hatter: I'd say, also give her a time-stopping power. The reason the tea party lasts forever is that they were "killing time" and it worked too well, and now time is dead. Unusual power for an unusual girl.

Manticore: I'm a huge fan of manticore, I think they make the coolest mounts. Very dangerous and hard-to-tame creatures. Have this girl be like that, and just having her on a leash shows how powerful you are.

Mummy: Could be used as a debuffer (curses!) or as a trap (rising out of tomb while adventurers thought they found a treasure). Both should be valid gameplay options.

Samurai: Would work fine as a corrupted samurai. Bushido is pretty huge on sacrificing one's life, so I wonder how it would work for a undead. Interesting line of thought.

Sword: You're telling me you want amazons with badass swords and not having them be dps barbarians? Heresy!

I ended up voting for: automaton, mad hatter, manticore.

Comment

• RomeoPapa
      RomeoPapa commented
      Editing a comment
      So fun fact: I ran upon two versions of the boogeyman, the scary and the cuddly, I happened to go with the cuddly depiction, I was VERY close to actually putting both on here, even had the idea of making it be a sibling dynamic between the two but, decided I needed to pick one of the two, but in all fairness there is a possibility of maybe a split personality 🤔

As for the sword, it's not that I envision these particular monsters to be amazons with badass swords, it's the sword itself that's the monster, I just wanted our sword to just so happen to have taken over an amazon because I love abs, that's nothing more than my own preference showing XD

But hey, I'm glad you enjoyed the thread
      Last edited by RomeoPapa; 05-27-2022, 05:22 AM.

I would vote for both the automaton and the dracolich, but since I can only vote for one, I just chucked a coin and voted for the automaton

Comment

• RomeoPapa
      RomeoPapa commented
      Editing a comment
      You could have voted both
Working...
X