modding problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• modding problem

Recently, I'm trying to make a mod for HRC. I went through RomeoPapa's Advanced Guide to Modding, it was very helpful, everything went smoothly until I realized something was wrong.
    I followed the "Spawning Events using Map Scripts" tutorial to create a custom event into the game map but when I test it the game freezes when the custom event is run. I have set the trigger of that event to autorun and i'm sure i erased the event after it finished running.

perhaps there is something wrong with the erase event command not executing. I searched in Game_Interpreter class and found out not only erase event but self switch related methods are having problem.

maybe the setup(list, event_id = 0) method in the Game_Interpreter class couldn't find the event_id and returned 0 making @event_id also 0 but @event_id is used to determine the event id in Control Self Switch(command_123 ) and Erase Event(command_214). so when these commands are called, it only makes changes to the event whose id is 0, to make sure I'm correct, I changed event_name = 0 and ran test:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-06-08 025147.png
Views:	161
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	1412
    As I expected, problem solved but this is not all, setting custom event id to 0 is really bad idea. So I found another solution. after a day of searching I got myself 2 solutions:

solution 1: replace faulty commands with script calls, copy all lines of code inside method and change @event_id, For example:

i found that erase event is not working

Name:	Untitled11f1.png
Views:	148
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	1416
    I find the command location

Views:	150
Size:	4.7 KB
ID:	1414
    I copy the content inside paste into the script then change @event_id

Name:	Un4titled.png
Views:	148
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	1417
    it works! but this way is really cumbersome if you have many events to add to the map and also makes it difficult to edit
    so we go to solution 2:
    I found this solution here: https://www.rpgmakercentral.com/topi...events/?page=2

based on that i wrote a script that creates a simple method that copies an event without giving the above error, unfortunately this mod does not allow you to set a custom id because otherwise it will throw an error, event id should only be a positive integer that does not coincide with other event ids contained in the map, this id is automatically chosen by the script so you don't need to set it up.
    how to use it:
    if you are player:
    1. Download the mod from the link below
    2. Unzip this file into your /HaremCollector_vxxx folder
    if you are modder:
    Normally when you want to copy an event you have to:

map_name=load_data("EventMapFilePath")
    $game_map.events[event_name]=Game_Event.new(@map_id, map_name.events[event_id])
    $game_map.events[event_name].moveto(x, y)

you can now:

copy_event_fix(pathToMap,eventId,x,y)

Explanation:
    pathToMap: the path to the map where you want to copy the event
    eventId: event id you want to copy
    x,y: the location you want the event to be on the map

For example:

Views:	144
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	1418

or if you don't want to use it this way, you can refer to its code to fix the problem without putting it in your mods folder, don't worry this mod is extremely short.
    hope this is helpful to you.
    download:https://mega.nz/file/Or410QRI#vrdUHI...bSAR8-dwlCTwRA
    Attached Files

After researching this proplem for a while, I realized that the method of copying the map that I was talking about doesn't seem very optimal and may cause some errors.
    so i'm going to create a script that makes it easier to manipulate events and avoid errors as much as possible, i'll come back after it's done

Comment

Working...
    X