Harem Collector: Blackjack & Hookers Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harem Collector: Blackjack & Hookers Edition

Merry winter solstice, my fellow Harem Collector fans!

You might remember that I said I considered making a fan update, but that it would require little to no story content. Well, here it is: Harem Collector, with Blackjack & Hookers!

This is my biggest modding projet so far. What you see here took me a solid month of work, and yet it's still far from finished.

I love Harem Collector, yet there are multiple aspects of the game which I feel could be improved upon. While my usual plan would be to budgeon the devs with suggestions (demands! ​), the situation makes it unlikely to succeed, as updates have become slow and the main dev expressed his willingness to move on to other projects sooner rather than later. So I decided to make my own updates, focusing on said content.

That is, content which, *in my opinion*:
    — should be in the base game
    — is important
    — is unlikely to be implemented soon / at all

And the obvious low hanging fruit is visuals. It might not be as exciting as new content, but it gives much needed polish to existing stuff. As you know, I've made a mod which improves combat visuals (with help from Romeo); it's included in this one btw. But this time, I've focused on remapping. I've sunk hundreds of hours into remaking the maps we see in-game, to make them look better and less RTP-y. I hoped to finish all maps for Christmas, but it's more than I could chew, and there's still a decent chunk which I haven't touched, or have started but not finished. I managed to reach the 50% mark on time (57%!), but I'd have liked to have a more comfortable margin. Especially since there are maps we see like, once per playthrough (the werewolf forest), which are complete, while others we see all the time are still sitting on the to-do list (Northmarket...).

I still have at least a month of work on maps alone before moving on to other stuff, of which I've already implemented a teeny tiny bit, but I'll let you discover it for yourselves. (Or don't; it's like searching for a needle in a haysack.) I'd love to talk more about it, but I don't want to bloat this thread more than necessary, so, have some screencaps instead!

These poor people lived in such wealth, we could barely see that Middle Kingdom has a bit of a poverty problem.

NOW YOU'RE FEELING THAT CLASS DIVIDE

wow. such pit. very bottomless.

Scroll shop needed moar scrolls.

P.S.: If you want to port saves, do it in the Northmarket manor. It'll minimize incompatibilities.
    P.P.S.: The mod doesn't actually contain any blackjack, or hookers. Yet.
Working...
X