Monstergirl Madness Day 21: NoMoshing's Picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monstergirl Madness Day 21: NoMoshing's Picks

Apologies for being late. Neko and I are having a barbecue tomorrow to celebrate our ten year wedding anniversary, and I actually passed out after a day of cleaning and getting everything prepared. >.> Anyway, I'll keep this brief.

For the next five days of Monstergirl Madness, we're having five staff members (Me, Neko, Omni, Conash, and Kumiho) pick out our favourite types of monster girls from those who are in the contest, write a little something about them, and let you all vote again. I'm personally leaving art out of mine, but some of the others may feel they want to include them.

So, without further ado:

Carbuncle: I researched what a Carbuncle is for this event, and I was pleasantly surprised by this curious cryptid from a part of the world you don't often hear about in the mythology sphere. I think there's a lot of potential for drama in the Carbuncle myth, something I can integrate into the adventurer manipulation mechanics- our Carbuncle haremette being able to generate an aura that adds to the "treasure" attraction of a room she's assigned to, perhaps. In terms of personality, making her some kind of pure ingenue character you want to protect is tempting, but I think it'd be more interesting to take a different direction by making her a brat type character who's constantly getting in over her head and needing to me rescued by the Dungeon King playing a "big brother" role.

Frostfire Phoenix: To explain a little bit more about this one, Frostfire Phoenixes come from Warhammer Fantasy, where they are ancient phoenixes who are approaching the end of their current life cycle, and their fire has sort of inverted itself, drawing in heat instead of giving it off. Further, I'm interested in exploring the interpretation of phoenixes from a board game called Kingdom Death, where instead of being "reborn", their powers instead revolve around time manipulation, and when they reach the end of their lifespan they simply reverse themselves back into an egg. A tall, elegant MILF with ojou-sama vibes, combining her powers of ice with the ability to manipulate time, would make for an interesting mid-to-late game power character.

Hanging Tree: Like the Carbuncle, this is a case where I just like the mythology and style of this monster, and I really like the idea of playing in a necromancy space without it revolving around a necromancer character.

Hound of Tindalos: The Hounds are said to inhabit to the angles, as opposed to the curves, of space-time (oh you wacky 1930s understanding of relativistic physics you) so I think having this be a character who can teleport about the dungeon, ambushing enemies with her minions before vanishing into a corner in spacetime to blink away would be interesting- bunch on in rooms shaped like a rectangle, of course (if we even incorporate custom room shapes to begin with....) Either way, I can think of a variety of interesting ways to interpret "dog girl who is also a sanity-rending entity from another dimension" as a character and I'm looking forward to the possibility of exploring that.

Slendergirl: Gotta be true to myself, and I still love slendy even after all these years.
    Carbuncle
    66.67%
    Frostfire Phoenix
    61.11%
    Hanging Tree
    16.67%
    Hound of Tindalos
    27.78%
    Slendergirl
    44.44%

The poll is expired.

Working...